Selected entrepreneurs receive individualized mentoring, training, and resources – dedicated to helping founders hit a critical business goal – all at no cost.
At the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center, we’re committed to investing in the individuals taking big risks to solve problems in new ways. That's why we created Milestone Makers, a way to help early-to-mid-stage entrepreneurs set, hit, and celebrate milestones critical to company growth.
Through our expertise and prestigious business network, we’ll work with a small cohort of entrepreneurs one-on-one to define a critical business goal and accelerate their path to achieving it. Participants will be individually matched with mentors who are leaders in your industry, will offer instant feedback, and will take a personal interest in helping you grow.
Upon acceptance, we offer customized resources to meet your needs and learning style. This three-month program will also elevate and amplify your brand through media and PR opportunities, culminating with a Nasdaq Closing Bell Ceremony that celebrates and widely shares your success.
The Center, in partnership with our corporate sponsors, is proud to make this a free program with a pay-it-forward philosophy. As a distinguished part of our community, Milestone Makers will return to teach, share, and nominate the next cohort of great leaders.
How can I apply?
Applications for the 2018 Winter Cohort Open in May.
Know a founder who should apply?
Nominate a founder to apply to the program by filling out this short form. The Center will reach out to the founder directly with the application.
Who should participate?
Early-to-mid-stage entrepreneurs looking to set and hit a critical business milestone in the next quarter. You’re committed to accomplishing this goal because it will have an important, positive effect for your company’s development. What is a milestone? Here’s the definition we’re using.
Today, you might be stuck, at a point of stagnation, or going through a period of high-growth and opportunity but need to be prescriptive about staying focused on achieving results.
You do not need to be based in San Francisco for the entirety of the program, but will need to travel to the Center for kick-off and graduation, plus participate in virtual sessions over the 12 weeks.
What is a milestone? Here’s the definition we’re using.
Milestone noun /ˈmīlˌstōn/
1. An important goal you’ve set for your business that takes time, tenacity, and more than a little creative thinking to attain.
2. An achievement that signals your business is on its way to the next stage of growth (and that deserves celebration).
A Milestone is your next important business goal that can be achieved in 12 weeks. If this goal is met, it should have an important positive effect on your business.
What does the program offer?
The program begins with access to the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center's prestigious network, partners, and community, including professional resources offered by leading industry experts. This includes:
• Coach (1:1 professional coaching specially matched for you)
• Business mentors curated to your needs, aspirations, and definitions of success
• A place to land and plug into a thriving innovation community in the heart of downtown San Francisco
• A strengths assessment identifying your key skills and gaps
• Recommendations for custom training and VIP events
• Accountability check-ins and monthly working session as needed
• Milestone setting strategy and practice for this quarter and next
• Development of key marketing assets and opportunities including a Nasdaq Closing Bell ceremony + ability to invite guests, your photo & logo on the Nasdaq tower in Times Square, New York City, professional photos, videos, media coverage, etc + distribution through the Center and Nasdaq media
Key 2018 Program Dates:
Winter 2018 Cohort
June - July 2018 – Applications Open
September 2018 – Program Onboarding (Mandatory in-person in San Francisco)
December 2018 – Graduation Ceremony (Mandatory in-person in San Francisco)
Opportunities to Get Involved:
Milestone Makers is built on the pay-it-forward mentality crucial for advancing regional and global networks of entrepreneurship. You can get involved by:
Mentor a Milestone Maker
Interested in sharing your insights, experiences and learnings from your business expertise to high-talent founders? Sign up here to be considered as a formal mentor in the Milestone Makers program from May - December 2018.
Coach a Milestone Maker
Are you a personal business coach interested in supporting a high-talent founder? We’ll match each Milestone Makers with a coach to assist them with need awareness, prioritization, and support throughout the 12-week program. Coaches are asked to meet with their Milestone Makers twice a month for 30-minutes. Sign up here to learn more about the opportunity.
Questions? Please contact Celena Aponte at firstname.lastname@example.org